This is a State Government Park and the below information has been extracted directly from their page. Please visit their webpage for more information and to confirm rates.
Nestled beside the Amamoor Creek and set among woodlands of iron barks and blue gums, this spacious grassy camping area is popular during the annual Gympie Music Muster, held during the last week of August, which attracts thousands of visitors.
The Gympie Music Muster can assist with camp bookings and enquiries from late July to early September.
This camping area is also busy over school and public holidays but at other times it’s ideal for peaceful camping and star gazing on clear nights.
The family pet doesn’t have to stay behind—you can even camp with your dog here – on leash.
Getting there and getting around
Amamoor Creek camping area is in Amamoor State Forest in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, about 180km north of Brisbane and 20km south-west of Gympie along the Amamoor Creek Road.
The camping area is located near the far boundary of the park, 12km along Amamoor Creek Road from the park entrance.
Download Amamoor area parks and forests map (see inset map 1—Amamoor Creek camping area).
- From the Bruce Highway, take exit 253 onto Mary Valley Link Road, 20km south of Gympie.
- Turn right onto Mary Valley Road, then left onto Blackgate Road, following the signs to Amamoor township.
- Turn right onto Busby Street, which becomes Amamoor Creek Road.
- Follow Amamoor Creek Road for 4km to the entrance of Amamoor State Forest.
- Caution is required in wet weather. The creek can rise quickly during heavy rainfall, cutting off access.
Amamoor Creek camping area is open 24 hours a day. Check-in to your camp after 2pm and check-out by 11am on the day of departure.
Check park alerts for the latest information on access, closures and conditions.